WID Faculty Roundtable
In this interactive workshop, you'll pick up tips and tactics from faculty from across the disciplines:
- Mary A. Buckley, Theatre & Dance
- Yongsheng Leng, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Evgeny Finkel, Political Science & International Affairs
- Bibiana Obler, Art History
- Gaston de los Reyes, Strategic Management and Public Policy
Each will first offer a brief account of their most effective strategies for fostering engaged student writing, then each will lead hands-on activities in breakout groups to dig deeper into this pedagogy and invite you to share your ideas as well.
While aimed at WID faculty and GAs, all GW instructors are invited to attend. How can you use writing to introduce students to the practices of your discipline? How can you help them to produce work that’s more complex, thoughtful, and polished?
Hearty refreshments will be served. Co-sponsored by the University Teaching & Learning Center and Writing in the Disciplines. GWorld required for building entry; guests must check-in with front desk staff with photo ID.