WID GA Workshops & Practicum
WID Practicum Guidelines
In a bid to reward and recognize WID GAs for their training and teaching time and to provide them with an opportunity for productive reflection as they seek employment, we launched the WID Practicum, which consists of the following over the course of their time at GW:
- Open to all WID GAs at GW
- Two-day orientation/training for first-time WID GAs
- Two-part syllabus/assignment workshop
- 10 additional WID-designated workshops
- Serve as WID GA four terms or more
- Reflective letter to WID directors (drafts language for a teaching statement)
- CV with WID experience included
After submitting a portfolio documenting the above, we provide candidates with a letter of recommendation they may include in their teaching portfolio.
Questions? Email us at [email protected].
WID GA Workshop Compensation policy:
New WID GAs will be compensated for participating in the two-day mandatory WID Training either in August or January.
All current WID GAs each term (new and returning) are eligible to get paid $300 for attending at least 3 workshops in a term. GAs must be employed as WID GA during the same term as the workshops. In order to be eligible for payment, the minimum number of workshops must be reached (i.e. the standard is "all or nothing").
Workshop attendance will be documented based on a WID GA's participation in live sessions and/or the completion of any assigned writing responses (due by the posted deadlines).
- Payment requests to CCAS will be made at the end of each term and will come in the form of a supplemental compensation payment, added to a GA's salary.
- Completion of the mandatory WID training in August and January are not counted in the total number of WID GA Workshops.
AY 2022-23 WID GA Workshop Schedules:
Fall 2022 WID GA Workshop Schedule (TBD)
Spring 2023 WID GA Workshop Schedule (TBD)
Past WID GA Workshops: